Childbirth Education & Baby Care Classes
These are 2 day classes, we meet Sunday and Monday evenings 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm. You can find a list of dates below. My class dates and times are very flexible, so if those dates and times do not work for you, please email me to set up another time.
I offer small, semi-private and private one-on-one classes so you receive more personal attention. Semi-private classes are limited to 4 couples and private classes are held in your home.
Classes are held in the Westshore area and consist of 2 days, lasting 2.5 hours per class for a total of 5 hours. Couples will have time to ask questions and build upon their relaxation and labour coping techniques preparing for their birth journey.
All my classes are taught using Evidence Based Research, by myself, a Childbirth Educator and Doula with 6 children. I also have many years experience mentoring new mothers and enjoy teaching families how to care for their children during various stages of development. I offer you personal guidance, affirmation, and support.
In addition to learning about the birth process, couples will also gain an understanding about what happens after your baby's birth and how to make postpartum a smooth transition for everyone.
For most pregnant women, even if you already have a child, the labour and birth process can be both overwhelming and joyful. Many women and their partners choose to attend childbirth classes to gather information and lessen their anxiety.
What are the benefits of childbirth education classes?
- Childbirth classes help build your confidence in your body’s ability to give birth.
- You can discuss your fears about labour and birth with myself and the other couples who may have similar concerns.
- Your partner will learn about childbirth and how to support you on the big, exciting day. You may find that attending childbirth classes together will create a special bond.
- I will discuss natural coping and pain relief options, including different acupressure points, relaxation, breathing techniques, and medications.
- Whether you are birthing at home, hospital or centre, I encourage all couples to attend one of my hospital tours. A tour of the hospital will give you the opportunity to see the staff in action. This is a great time to ask me any questions about routine practices, such as electronic fetal monitoring and freedom of movement during labour. I will also share commonly asked questions.
As mentioned, classes include a tour of the hospital and are done once a month. Please contact me to sign up for our next tour, days and times are flexible and one-on-one tours are always welcome.
Group/Semi-Private (limited to 4 couples): $180 per couple
Private (one on one): $200
Doula Client (special price for those that hire me as their doula): $150.00
* Birth Planning (there's an A, B & C because things can change)
* Stages of labour
* Practical strategies to prepare for giving birth
* Breathing & Relaxation
* Labour signs
* Labour positions
* Labour comfort tools
* Birth place options
* Practical ways fathers or support people can help
* Newborn Care
* Postpartum Changes and what to expect
2017 Class Dates and Time:
All classes run for two days, consisting of a Sunday and Monday from 6pm - 8:30pm, these dates and times are flexible, please contact me with any questions. Please click on the ENROLL NOW button below to sign up for one of my classes.
June 4 & 5 - Rescheduled
June 11 & 12 - FULL
September 10 & 11 - FULL
September 17 & 18 - Rescheduled
October 22 & 23 - FULL
October 29 & 30 - Cancelled
November 19 & 20 - FULL
There are no classes scheduled in December.
Please do not hesitate to email or call/text me with any questions.