The surrogacy process is a time of excitement, joy and the unknown. It requires a lot of patience, education and communication between the intended parents and their surrogate mother. I offer birth and postpartum care, sleep consultation, breastfeeding advice and newborn care as well as baby maid services. Communication is extremely important as it leads to a better outcome for everyone.
Doula and Baby Maid Support for Intended Parents
I offer safety education, baby proofing, parent prep and extended infant care called Baby Maid Services. I help facilitate communication about birth expectations between IP and the surrogate mom and help to design a birth plan that includes both intended parents and the surrogate mom. This helps ensure that everyone is in agreement and on board with the plans for birth and the immediate postpartum.
Many intended parents enjoy the feeling of peace and joy knowing that there is a professional hired to support their surrogate before the birth, during the birth, and after the birth of their baby.
For the surrogate I provide prenatal support and education, as well as continuous support during labour and after baby is born.
Birth Package: Intended Parents
For parents who are anticipating the birth of their baby through surrogacy, there is additional support and training that can be uniquely beneficial. With a Surrogate Doula, I support the parents with their desires and choices before during and after the birth. Every couple has specialized needs and I help each couple evaluate those needs and support them through each step.
*An Intended Parent Doula Support Package can be purchased with either the Birth Mother Support package or the Surrogate Support Package if desired. This ensures optimal support for everyone involved and supports a smooth transition for all everyone.
The intended parent support package was created with YOU in mind. I work with each new family to help you to evaluate what your needs are, support you in creating the most peaceful, prenatal and newborn phase possible and find your strength as parents along the way. I am committed to helping you find your power and confidence as a new parent.
If the Intended Parents are local, I will travel to you, show you the ins and outs of being a new parent. Intended Parents can contact me by phone, text or email with any questions or concerns. I will return messages promptly and refer IP's to the appropriate specialists when needed.
An Intended Parent Doula Support Package May Include:
- Needs evaluation
- Home prep: baby & childproofing
- Information geared toward handling the stresses, concerns and joys of intended parents including what to expect during the birth and afterwards
- Birth plan and support for the surrogate process
- Baby maid services if desired
- Couple adjustments to new baby care and support
- Sleep Consultations
- 3-6 months of postpartum support in baby care. This includes support in adjustment to new parenting, baby care, feeding, infant massage, going back to work, and sibling adjustment.
- Baby Sleep support and a Night Care Package
- Traditional or Cloth diapering education
- Baby first aid kit
- Baby Wearing Instruction
- Introducing solids and preparation
- Grandparent Child proofing (in their home)
- Child care consultations
Some Support Services For Your Surrogate May Include:
- Needs Evaluation And Plan Of Support
- Prenatal Nutritional Education
- Birth Support Services
- Birth Education And Support, Birth Plan For Surrogate, Induction Support (if needed), Doula Services, Support For Adjustment Phase After Birth
- Postpartum Care And Support Up To 6 Weeks Postpartum